Friday, April 11, 2008

Sportsman's Show

Austin on these little motorcycles...I guess that is what they were. Ha! I don't even know! He liked them though, thankfully the vendors were kind enough to let him play on them.

Nate and Austin (above) and then Nathan and Brianna (below). They were both helping their kids learn to fish. The show brought in a fishing pond where all the young kids could fish. If they caught the fish they actually got to keep it, thankfully Austin didn't catch one. :)

So, last Friday night Nate, Austin, and I went to the Sportsman's Show (one of those big events where all the vendors come and try to sell their products) and met up with some friends of ours. That isn't a show I would normally attend, but since we were going with friends I agreed to tag along. Nate was in heaven, Austin and I were not. :) No, it wasn't that bad, we had fun and it was good to spend some time with our friends. Thanks for inviting us Beth and Nathan!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, you don't like fish Ruth??? :) Mom

Scott and Lynn said...

That is one of my favorite memories as a kid - we went every year in Cleveland with my dad! I would always buy the prettiest Erie Deerie I could find :)

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize; we have car and home shows. Lance loves to go...I go for him. We have yet to take Asher.

Beth said...

You didn't tell about the best part...dinner afterwards.

bandanachick said...

I know...that was the best part! SO good!

Eryn said...

i love those shows! they are so fun. i am sure you will grow to love them :)

Happy Diner said...

A sportsman show? Where are the guns? You need to buy that boy a gun! Boys are never too young to have guns.

Our next baby will be a boy. As soon as Brooke delivers that baby, I'm gonna say, "Welcome to the world, boy. Here's your gun. You don't need a pacifier, just suck on your Winchester."

Rachel said...

I'm sure Austin will grow into that kind of stuff. You, however, might not. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought the state of Alaska gives guns to all their new residents as house warming gifts. They gave me 5 ounces of weed and one hacky sack when I moved to Denver.

--Michael

bandanachick said...

Ha Michael...I wouldn't be surprised if they did!
Josh...you totally need to move to Alaska...you would fit right in. :)