Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Creative Side...







So, it doesn't come out too often anymore, but last week Nate was gone again. I decided to take a break from the boring painting we have been doing and start some fun projects. I sewed four throw pillows (pictured up top). Recovered three lamp shades. Hung up my plate rack (and bought three new plates for it). The last pillow I showed I didn't do myself. I bought it from Ballard Designs, a company I love. They have these throw pillows that they will monogram for free. I LOVE personalized stuff, so they were calling my name. :)
Oh, and these pictures aren't the greatest...the colors are actually a deeper red than is showing up.

14 comments:

Shawna said...

super cute! I love it all.

Rachel said...

Wow! LOVE everything. It looks great! Was that fabric you had or did you buy it somewhere?

bandanachick said...

Yeah, it is all stuff I had from Calico Corners, even the plate rack was left over from a display there. Thank goodness I brought stuff with me, because they have no good selection here. :(

Brooke said...

And I bet shipping to Alaska is expensive too! You will have to save up and buy lots of stuff when you come to Oklahoma (not that we have that great of a selection either).

I love the red. I have really been liking red lately. Projects like that are so fun! I would redecorate every month if I could! :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Ruth. That's a neat idea to put the lamp on top of the books. Maybe I will try that. Mom

Reagan said...

I love doing stuff like that!

Unknown said...

Yummy lampshades.
You should start an Etsy account, and sell ones like that.
Paula

jenica said...

It's all lovely Ruth!
I bet your house is looking gorgeous.

Michelle said...

I love the monogram pillow!

Jessie said...

I really like the red striped lampshade. It all looks great.

bandanachick said...

Brooke...I know...Nate said I could bring an empty suitcase and fill it up with stuff to bring back. :) Shipping up here is ridiculous...

Anonymous said...

Wow I don't have a creative bone in my body. The lamp shades are amazing. Sorry about your serious snowfall. Asher also loves being outside every day...he doesn't understand why we can't be out in the rain.

Eryn said...

wow, i love the lampshades. i need to do some serious redecorating, but never seem to quite get it right.

Caleb and Anna said...

Hey, those paisley lamp shades match my dining room curtains! How do you get the fabric to stick on the shade? -Anna