Monday, November 16, 2009

And it's....


Finished!

So glad I can scratch this project off my to-do list! It certainly isn't perfect, but it's good enough for me. Thanks to Pink and Polka Dot for the great tutorial! I love her white one, and almost did the same, but chose a chocolate colored fabric in the end. Much more suitable for my lifestyle. :)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cute!! I'm impressed:)

Reagan said...

looks awesome! how long did it take you?

bandanachick said...

Reagan, it took me probably three evenings all together?? I ran out of fabric twice! so I had to keep stopping at the beginning. I cut every piece out and pinned together the first day, the second day sewed the cushions, and the third sewed the base. Have you started on your chair? I'm excited to see yours!

Reagan said...

i haven't started it yet...i am planning on using a drop cloth for the material. how many yards did you end up using?

Rachel said...

Looks great, Ruth!!! Wish I could come sew with you!

Oh, and I love the pic of us on your end table. :)

bandanachick said...

I think almost 9 yards, by the time I was done. That will be cute with drop cloths! I was thinking about buying some drop cloths for curtains soon.

Anonymous said...

Ruth, I am so proud of you for making a slipcover. Way to go girl!! (-: Grandma Pat

Melissa Gail said...

RUTH! You did a really good job! I am so impressed - you've inspired me to recover an old couch in our living room...it's so comfortable but very dated fabric. Maybe a project I can ensue once I graduate?!?