Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chloe Faith...



Chloe Faith is finally here...and this one is mine. ;)
Chloe was born last Thursday, one day after her due date...true to our family...just a little bit late. :) She is a tiny little thing, born at 6 pounds 9 ounces. So far she has been a great eater and sleeper, so we are hoping that she keeps that up! We were in the hospital until Sunday, after she spiked a fever, but thankfully nothing ever came of that, and she has been healthy since then. Chloe has captured all of our hearts and I already can't imagine life without her here. Austin absolutely loves her, and wants to give her kisses all the time. I imagine that he will have a harder time adjusting once Grandma leaves, but for now he hasn't had any trouble adjusting to Chloe becoming part of the family.
My sister posted a few other pictures we sent her, if you want to check those out too. Hopefully we will be back soon to update!

17 comments:

Kari said...

Ruth, she is just precious. It is so sweet to hear you say that she has already captured your hearts. It's unbelievable how that happens, but somehow it does and pretty much immediately.
Children truly are such a blessing from the Lord.
I'm so happy to hear that all is going so well for you and the whole family. I'll continue to pray as I'm sure this is quite an adjustment. Thanks for the pictures, she's beautiful...and who do you all think that she look like?

HopiQ said...

She is so precious. I'm so glad to hear you are home and both of you are doing well. We have been praying.

Stacy said...

Congratulations Ruth! She is beautiful - a definite blessing from the Lord!

Rachel said...

What a cutie! Wish we could see her in person!

Reagan said...

She is so cute! I love all her dark hair - i'm always so amazed to think that baby features looked just like what it does now when it was still growing inside. I love the name by the way!

Beth said...

She is so cute!!! Can't wait to hang out with you guys soon.

April said...

Congrats, she's gorgeous!

Brooke said...

She is so beautiful! Praise the Lord that nothing came of the fever and you are home now.

So glad she's sleeping for you. I remember how little Austin wanted to sleep in the beginning. I will pray that she keeps up the good sleeping habits! :o)

Jessie said...

She is a doll Ruth-so precious. I am so glad Austin is adjusting well and loving on Chloe.

jenica said...

She is just beautiful! I'm thinking she looks more like you?

Good eating and sleeping makes all the difference, huh?! You can recover and actually enjoy the baby.

Such a pretty name. Our Chloe's middle name is Joy and I love how Chloe means blooming, so "blooming joy". "Blooming faith" is great meaning.

Take care and keep us updated if possible!

Michelle said...

Oh she's adorable!! She looks like you, Ruth:)

bandanachick said...

Kari...we are thinking she favors me a little more. My baby pictures look a lot like hers.
Jenica...I meant to ask you what your Chloe's middle name was...thats cute. I love the meaning of Chloe too.
Thanks everyone!

Eryn said...

wow! she is adorable! and looks so alert in these pictures. congratulations. i hope you are feeling good and getting some sleep!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. I am so glad you are home and that nothing came of her fever. I pray you are recovering and feeling good yourself. Having your mom is priceless...thinking of you!!

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

what an adorable, tiny bundle of sweetness! Congratulations you four!

Caleb and Anna said...

What perfect little features! I can't wait to meet her. -Anna

Grace Powell said...

Ruth, she is absolutely exquisite! I hate that it's taken me so long to post this comment. I'm just swamped, but I'm thinking about you and your family and praying for you guys! Adjusting to two is a little tricky, but you'll find all your new 'normals' soon! It helps that she is just so precious. I'm so happy for you. Love you!