Saturday, February 28, 2009

My little man...

Everyone told me it would happen. I would bring my new baby home from the hospital, and Austin would look bigger than ever to me. I heard what they said, but didn't really believe. True to what everyone said, Austin seems to have grown up over night. When did he get this big? I love it though, I am loving the two's.
Poor little guy though...he has been sick all week and can't keep anything down. Pray for him, pray for us, and pray little Chloe doesn't get it.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

So sorry, Ruth - maybe it's time to call the doctor and get some meds to stop the puking.

Are you trying probiotics yet? Anywhere to buy those in Alaska?

Another trick we learned recently is to have them take a teaspoon of sprite every 10 minutes for a couple of hours (and only that) and then give them benedryl. After they've slept for awhile, introduce something very bland - piece of toast, water, saltine, something like that - go very, very slowly if it's been a long time since their tummy has kept something down.

Also, when the Marshall kids were so sick, we learned how to make our own pedialyte. We just googled for a recipe online, and then made popsicles out of it, with popsicle molds I have. But if you don't have any, you could make some with a cup and a popsicle stick. Or just make a slush in the freezer than he could spoon out. Anyway, it's basically just water, salt, a little sugar and a little juice.

I am so tired of the stomach flu too - in fact, I got it myself yesterday, and thought I was going to die. :(

It has been going on at my house for like 6 weeks or something - someone always seems to have it. :( Granted, we have 11 people in the house right now...

Hang in there - we're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I sympathize...with the sick kiddo right after bringing home a newborn, and with the growing up. Asher seems HUGE and even more so I go to pick him up now and suddenly he weighs a ton. I just can't get over how fast he grew up. Praying for you and your little ones. PS: Super jealous that you are keeping up the blogging thing. I can't seem to get to it.

jenica said...

Ugg, poor little guy! I hope he can keep something down soon.
Chloe will hopefully be ok. I've never heard of a newborn getting the stomach flu...
How long will your mom be there? That is so nice!

Eryn said...

ugh. so sorry. your family seems to have an affinity for the stomach flu. i hope you are all feeling better soon and will be praying little chloe wont get it.

Ruth said...

Sarah...blogging seems to be much harder now that my mom is gone. We will see how well I do!
Jenica...my mom left Tuesday.