Thursday, September 03, 2009

Homer, Alaska

Flowers on the roadside.
Some of the cute little stores.
Family Pic on the beach (minus me).
The tide made really interesting patterns in the sand.
The beach.
View of the "spit" from our cabin up on the hillside.

The last big thing we did with Nate's parents was to take them down to Homer. It was about a five hour drive, all the way to the end of the Kenai Peninsula. To be honest, I was a bit hesitant to do this as well, if you have driven with us in the car for any amount of time, you would know why...my children are just not good in the car. Thankfully the trip down went really smoothly, and well, we endured the trip home. ;)
Homer is now one of my favorite places in Alaska, hopefully we can go back and visit next summer again. It is just a tiny little town, but right off the beach. Before I moved to Anchorage, Homer is what I would have pictured Anchorage to be like. I just love the beach, and even though it was cold, there is just something so relaxing and peaceful about being by the water.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

That little town is so cute! Have you seen The Proposal? It reminds me of that:)

bandanachick said...

Michelle, I haven't! It is a good movie? I know it takes place in a little town in Alaska...I think Sitka?

Michelle said...

Yes its so good. You need to rent it:) I

Michelle said...

Actually it may not be out to rent yet, but you should when it comes out!

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

I have so been feeling the need for a vacation, and I'm so thankful for you sharing your photos of Alaska over the past month or so. It's brought back memories of all the beautiful places we got to explore when Charlie and I were up there for our honeymoon 7 years ago, so again, excellent timing. Just thought I'd let you know that these posts have been a blessing and reminder in thankfulness and contentment for me! Thanks!

Beth said...

love the pics!!! Homer is a quaint little place to visit. We never actually stayed there, but would visit there when we went to Ninilchik. Miss you guys!!!

bandanachick said...

Awh, thanks Sarah! I'm glad you are enjoying them...where did you guys stop at during your cruise up here?

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

Let's see...Sitka, Skagway, Ketchikan, Juneau (those were stops, in no particular order) and we got to cruise through College Fjord and Glacier Bay. SO gorgeous. We would love to come up and visit you guys while you're there, but I'm not sure how feasible it is. Still, it's fun to think about!

bandanachick said...

Fun! I would love to go to those towns some day. Just as an FYI, you guys are MORE than welcome to come anytime.