Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Austin's Update...



So, I thought since I always update on Chloe, I would do a little update on Austin too. That way I can look back and remember what he was like at this age. There are many moments I would like to just forget about (ya know, the terrible two's), but I'll try to focus on the more positive things. :)
  • Austin has started potty training!! I know we have a long road ahead of us, to be completely potty trained, but I'm so thankful to have it at least started.
  • His favorite thing is still cars. He would be so happy to have someone to play cars with him 24/7. Anyone want to volunteer?
  • He can recognize all his ABC's (only capitals though), he recognizes numbers 1-10 and some of the teens too, and is learning to count in order, he knows pretty much all the regular colors (like red, blue, brown, pink, etc.).
  • He still naps every afternoon (thank goodness), usually for about an hour and a half or so.
  • He is very impressed with skateboarders (much to my dismay). We have quite a few in the neighborhood, and he just loves it. When we were in the mall last week we went by this store that sold kinda "skatery" looking clothes and they had skate boards in the windows as displays, and he just LOVED it. Ha! Here's to hoping that trend does not continue for him. :) (No offense, if you like that kind of style)!
  • His favorite show right now is Backyardigans. We don't have cable, so I've been checking them out at the library, and he really likes them. We just got library cards for the first time earlier this summer, and I am SO glad we did. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. It is perfect for Austin's age, since he gets so tired of the books and movies we have here.
That's about all I can think of for now...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love backyardigans. Austin looks so much older than the last pics I remember seeing him in.

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there to play cars with him. Mom

Anonymous said...

I thought it was so cute how Austin liked taking his cars to church and lined them up in the parking lot on the chalk drawing city we made in the driveway.
Grandma Pat

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

That's hilarious that's he's already "into" skateboarding. So funny what these little guys like. Sometimes I catch Joshua singing the Backyardigan's theme song. Best wishes with the potty training endeavor! Sometimes it is nice just at least get something like this started. Just don't lose hope- it's a long process, but we've all been there and you'll survive it too! :)

Marti said...

Ruth, I've been catching up and enjoying the pictures. It's beautiful there!

Your kids look great. They've grown so much. Chloe is beautiful!

Blessings,