View of the resort while riding up the gondola...
View from top of mountain...
Austin with his "grandpa's" ;) All summer long Austin called all of his grandparents "grandma", and now since they came Nate's parents are both called "grandpa". :)
Family pic...
Ready to take off...
Paragliding down the mountain...
The first weekend Nate's parents were in town we drove down to Alyeska Ski Resort. We decided it would be fun to ride the gondola up and eat lunch at the top of the mountain. It was a gorgeous day, I think the first clear day since they had arrived. It was a pretty ride up on the gondola. I hadn't ridden up in it before, since I haven't skied there yet, so I was pretty impressed.
Nate offered to buy me a ticket to paraglide down the mountain, and I think I surprised him by taking him up on the offer. It was such an amazing experience. Pretty pricey, but I'm glad I did it. I saw gorgeous views and it was amazingly calm and peaceful. What a great way to see Alaska!
10 comments:
Wow! That looks so fun! Good for you for trying it - and that resort is just beautiful!
I'm impressed that you tried it. Nate is rubbing off on you. LOL
dad
That picture of Austin sitting in the grass is so precious. Mom
We are all impressed! I love the pictures, B and Caleb and looking at this post with me and admiring the great views. What an experience!
wow. that looks so fun! what a wonderful experience. it all looks so beautiful.
Ruth, I am impressed you went paragliding:) Cute family photo. The scenery is gorgeous!
Go Ruth! So what's next on the agenda, sky diving?
Wow, that's so cool!
Were you at all scared? I would love to do that, but I know I'd have to fight some fear.
Incredibly gorgeous! and those are just the pictures, can't imagine real life.
Way to go on taking up the paragliding! Jere and I did that in Switzerland last year and I loved it. Those pictures are awesome.
Jenica, honestly I wasn't scared at all. I felt really safe in the harness, and the guy with me seemed really confident in his abilities, so it wasn't too scary at all. You should try it! I'm sure you would do great!
Post a Comment