
We are in the middle of day 8 of being without Nate. I'm not sure if it's because this trip has lasted longer than it was originally suppose to, or this week has just been much more busy than normal, but I find myself completely exhausted today. Weeks without daddy home always seem to drag on so much longer than the weeks he is home. To bad it isn't the opposite! I've been thinking of the hymn "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus", and been so encouraged by it today. I'm so thankful I can fall at my Savior's feet, as the rest and peace He gives is what I truly need.
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in his wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of his glory and grace.Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!His word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!Helen Howarth Lemmel (1864-1961)
2 comments:
I always get teary when we sing this song at church. We need the perspective that only He gives...
So sorry Nate is out of town. I was thinking about him the other day and praying for his safety - didn't know he was traveling though! I'm sure the days seem endless - see if you can get out tomorrow and just do some fun stuff. And wear the kids out with fresh air. That always helps!
Love ya!
Yes, it always helps to turn our eyes upon Jesus. Get our eyes off of self, others, our circumstances, etc. Look to Him. A man of sorrows, acquainted with grief. A man who came not to be served, but to serve and to give His life a ransom for many. Oh, what a wonderful Savior! Mom
Post a Comment