Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy 6 months Chloe!



Wow, I can't believe how fast this year is going! I certainly don't remember Austin's first year going this fast, in fact, there were times I thought his first year would never end! Ha! It makes me a little sad though...gasp...dare I say, I'm actually starting to like babies?? Sheesh. Chloe's baby phase has been so much easier for me to adjust to though. I don't know if its because I've already been through it before, or because Chloe has a different personality than Austin, or maybe because I've just grown up a bit?? ;) I'm sure its a compilation of them all.

ANYways...Chloe is now 6 months.

Here is what she's been up to...
  • For the past 5 nights she has slept 12 straight hours in a row. Woohoo! We didn't even have to make her cry, all of the sudden she went from waking up 2-3 times a night to not waking at all. While I'm sure this isn't the end of our night wakings, but I'll take what I can get!
  • She has started on solids, but isn't super fond of them. She will eat a few bites, but then clamps down her mouth, so I haven't pressed the issue. She still loves her crackers and anything that is harder than she can gum. Last night I gave her a little of my bread and she was SO happy just sucking away on that.
  • She has started to sit up on her own! Just this week I started trying to get her to do it, and she is doing so well. I still prop up a pillow behind her, b/c when she goes back, she goes back hard!
  • She naps usually three times a day. Since she started sleeping so well at night, her naps have decreased drastically, but she still naps little naps, so thats nice.
  • She is in 6-12 month clothes, and still in size 3 diapers.
“From the fullness of grace we have received one blessing after another” - John 1:16

5 comments:

Beth said...

So sweet!!! I wish our girls would be able to know each other...we'll visit OK next time you are there. Miss you!!

jenica said...

She's a cutie! I'm still trying to figure out who she looks like? And she doesn't look much like Austin to me.

That is great to get 12 hrs. of sleep!

I've always loved babies, but since having my own, there's no baby that quite compares.
Glad to hear you're enjoying her so much!

bandanachick said...

Beth, I know! I'm sure they would have been great friends! Who knows, maybe someday we will end up living close to you again?! We will let you know when we come back home again...does Nathan deploy this year at all?

Jenica, she favors my baby pics probably more than anyone elses, but she has that round face from Nate's side of the family. So, shes a pretty good mixture.

Caleb and Anna said...

So cute! I am glad she's sleeping good. that's great that she's falling into a good sleeping pattern on her own.

Michelle said...

She's precious!