Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Glacier Cruise







Glacier Cruise, August 2009
This was another fun thing we did when Nate's parents were in town. I had been so nervous about going on one of these, b/c of sea sickness. If there is ever a chance that someone will get sick, it is ALWAYS me. Boo. But I found a cruise company that guarentees no sickness or your money back, so I signed us up! It was a huge boat and super smooth and I didn't feel sick even one little bit. Such a relief! Another thing that was a little scary was that the cruise was from 1:00 to 5:30, which meant no nap for Austin. Yikes that is never a good thing. Overall he did pretty well, and ended up crashing on the way home for a short nap. THANKgoodness!

It was a beautiful cruise and worth the trip. It was nice to just sit, relax (well as much as you can relax with two small children) and take in the beauty of Alaska. We saw tons of Sea Otters, they were just swimming around us, and were so adorable. The glaciers were, of course, the highlight...GORGEOUS gorgeous views.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those sea otters are so cute. And so many in one location! I would have loved to see them. The animals were my favorite part of the cruise we went on. The glaciers were interesting, but not as cool as the animals. Mom

Anonymous said...

Your pictures bring back great memories. I was really amazed at the height and size of the glaciers as viewed from the water. People have always talked about how blue they are and it is true.
Grandma Pat

Unknown said...

so beautiful! my parents did a small alaksa cruise for their 25th anniversary some years ago, they LOVED it! looks like so much fun.