Friday, October 05, 2007

5 Things I am Thankful For...

Since Michelle and Grace posted on faithfulness, I thought I would chime in. :)
1. My husband is my number one blessing. He faithfully serves, leads, and demonstrates to me how to be a Godly parent and husband.
2. Austin now sleeps through the night, and even when he doesn't I don't get up and nurse him. A full night's sleep, after waking up every night for 8 months, is a HUGE blessing to me.
3. My husband has a steady job, we never have to worry if he will have a job next week, month, or year. (But in 4 years we will!)
4. We get to move to a brand new state, where we know almost no one. The Lord will stretch our faith and character in a way that is pleasing to Him, and that, I believe, is a blessing.
5. We got to spend the last three months with my family. Their generosity in housing Austin and I was a huge blessing to us, and it was wonderful to make some new memories we can look back on when we are so far away. We love you all! Great is the Lord's faithfulness to us!

**We are now back in Kansas, here to stay for another week. We are staying in the basement of a family from our church, another blessing of hospitality shown to us! We will leave next Friday and Nate will be off with his dad to drive 10 days to our new home. Austin and I will fly out some time after that to meet him up there.

8 comments:

Kari said...

I am praying for you guys as you begin this new adventure. Its hard to believe that you're already moving. Be safe and hope to hear news from Alaska.

marti said...

Wow, is it almost that time? Are you at the Goodson's? I love them. If you are, say hi for me.

jenica said...

Doesn't a perspective of thankfulness make amy situation better? Thanks for practically applying it.

bandanachick said...

Marti...we are at the Goodson's ...they have been so great to us!

Rachel said...

Can't wait to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I love you - Ruth, Nathan, and Austin! It was so wonderful to have you at our home for a while and especially to get to know little Austin better. He is such a delight! I'm looking forward to the trip up to Alaska with you too. What a fun adventure! May the Lord be glorified in your lives as a family and may He lead and guide you every step of the way! Mom - Grandma Renes

Jennifer said...

soooooo, how do I get a note to Nate?

otter
theotterfamily@gmail.com

Ruth said...

Andy...Hi! I will tell him your email address and try to get him to email you. He still has his old hotmail account if you want to try him first. It is his first and last name @hotmail.com