Monday, May 21, 2007

Starting Solids...

This weekend we started solids with Austin. We started him on carrots, and I am not too sure what he thought of them. He definitely isn't excited about eating them, but he would open his mouth for more, so I took that as a good sign. The perfectionist in me was going crazy with the mess. I think I might just want him to stay with milk forever, it is so much cleaner to just BF him! Oh well, I am sure it won't take long for me to get used to seeing him covered in food.


7 comments:

Eryn said...

they get better! at first it is all mess and then they figure out the whole sucking in and swallowing thing. it wont always be that messy.... until they figure out how fun it is to blow raspberries with food in their mouth!

April said...

Eryn, don't forget about when they learn to throw the food!

Rachel said...

I know...I was going to say, Eryn, do you have amazingly neat children or what? Because I personally think feeding them a jar of baby food is relatively clean in comparison to when they eat with their hands or learn to use a fork. :)

Eryn said...

hey, i was trying to break her in easy! we were talking about jar food, i didnt want to depress her further with the hands and fork stuff. one thing at a time and it all seems easier to handle.
:)

Kari said...

I am NOT looking forward to this either. I don't like sticky messes. Its already hard enough keeping the eye and nose boogies away. Edward is already getting used to me picking at him all the time.
Here is an email address of a friend, Robin who lives in Alaska. I've already told her about you guys moving there. She would love to talk with you about the area and her Church.
sweetalaska@hotmail.com
I know that you would really enjoy her and her family.

Ruth said...

Thanks Kari! I will email her and see if we can connect. BTW Edward is SO cute. I love the pictures Michelle puts up of him. You need to start a blog!
Thanks Eryn for trying to be nice about it. :) I noticed on Rachel's blog last week the mess Simon had made on his face and knew it wouldn't be getting better any time soon. Oh well...just more laundry to do!

Michelle said...

Looks like fun. I'm actually thinking of starting Patricia on solids right around the four month mark, which is in less than two weeks! Last week I couldn't help it, so I let her have the tiniest taste of applesauce. I think she liked it, but how should I know?
Michelle Moses