Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Dryer woes...
I feel like I am always doing laundry! I can't imagine what those of you guys who have a lot of kids feel like (but to my credit my husband does wear three outfits a day (work, work-out, and leisure) and never likes to re-wear something without it being washed. So...when I first had Austin I thought it would be easier to do a load of laundry every day, instead of doing it all in one day like I had previously done. Well, that didn't last long. I decided to take a break from laundry last week and go on strike, but obviously that didn't last forever either. So, we get back from Dallas on Sunday and Monday I decided to catch up, I did laundry all day, and I mean ALL day. When my last load was in the dryer, it suddenly decided to break and no longer works anymore. We can't really complain though, because we bought the dryer five years ago for $50. So, it pretty much cost us only $10 a year...I'd say that is pretty good! Anyways, I guess I will be on mandatory strike for a while, until we get around to buying a new one. Anyone know of any coupons for dryers? Haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha! Dryer coupons!
I only do laundry once a week. I guess I just hate the thought of thinking about it more than that. I usually run everything through on Mondays and then fold the big pile and put it away on Tuesdays.
Hope you find a dryer. You could rig up a clothes line...that sounds ridiculous...=)
My advice is to buy the biggest thing you can afford! My large capacity washer holds over 2 1/2 times what our apartment sized ones did. It is so worth the extra if you can swing it :)
Either that, or try to retrain your husband to wear clothes more than once (except the work out ones - yuck!) Okay - I'm totally kidding - and while you're on it - enjoy your laundry strike - it usually only happens once in a lifetime!!!
i have been on laundry strike for over a month now! i do not like doing laundry, especially when i am sick. unfortunately, james doesnt either, so...i have never caught up on it. yuck!
I agree with Lynn! If you are buying new, buy the biggest. Even if it means it doesn't have as many features! It is so worth it.
We bought a washer used when we were first married, and a dryer new. (couldn't find a used one) Since we bought the biggest my dryer would finish before the washer! It was awesome. Now I have a matching set, but I LOVE how much I can get in there.
Enjoy your strike! I haven't done laundry since before Thanksgiving, but I am starting back today! :)
Sears has appliances on sale right now, I think. :) That's the best I can do! I'm sure you can look in the paper again.
You could also see if someone could fix it. Have you emptied the lint collector recently? :) Ha, ha...just kidding!
When I had Ethan, we bought a super capacity set, and we LOVE it...it seems to help alot. I think I usually have 5 loads a week, with 4 people...that seems pretty good to me!
I was doing one load every evening, folding one load and starting another, but now I do my laundry all in one day on Wednesdays. I just don't plan to go anywhere or do anything on that day. Sometimes I have someone over though. And we just sit in the basement and talk while I fold. It's nice not to have it looming over you all week. :)
You COULD just pack up all your laundry and go to a friend's house and hang out all day. That sounds fun to me! At least as a temporary solution. :)
I feel your pain! Our washer and dryer are in the Garage and Grace refuses to go out there so I do the Landry, and it seams to be never ending. We keep waiting for our Dryer to die but for now it is holding on by a thread.
Post a Comment