Sunday, January 28, 2007

January 28, 2007

Today Austin is officially two months old! We can't believe that we have had him for almost 9 weeks now, it has been an amazingly different time for us. He is growing well, over ten pounds now (I can't believe some babies are actually born that big!...yikes). He is getting more into the groove of sleeping at night and usually falls asleep at about midnight and will sleep for about 5 to 6 hours. I never would have thought I would be happy about getting 5 hours of straight sleep but I have learned to be more thankful for the small things! We have been blessed!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth, he is so precious. He looks less like a newborn with every picture. :o( I'm so glad things have started to smooth out for you. Answered prayers, I know. Take advantage of every little second because you're right, time just flies! Take care!

jenica said...

So cute! He's really filling out!

Rachel said...

I can't wait to see him again! He's so adorable!

And sleep is overrated, right? :) I don't think I've slept much since becoming a parent, but you're right... you just adjust your idea of "normal" and decide to appreciate the times of rest you DO get.

It will be worth it! You're raising a little baby who will grow up into a man before you know it.

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie! I just love him. He looks a lot like Nate to me. What do you think? Mom

Eryn said...

so who does people say he favors? i cant tell. does he look like you or nate?

Ruth said...

If people say anything they say he looks like Nate. His newborn pic looks a lot like Nate's newborn pic, but since then we can't tell as much. I guess we will see!

Kari said...

What a little cutie-pie! He has changed so much since the wedding. How are you feeling these days? I have meant to write you since the wedding and see how things are going. Life has been pretty crazy lately. I just finished painting the baby room and hopefully the crib will be assembled later tonight. I had a snow day today, yahoo!
We are still looking forward to seeing the pics from the wedding....I just don't want to see any of myself, yuck.
Take care and stay warm.

Scott and Lynn said...

Ruth,
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. We are praying for your family. Love, Scott and Lynn