Sunday, October 01, 2006

Our baby's room....

So, we've been working on our baby's room pretty much since we found out he was a boy. The theme was actually easier with a boy (for us) than it would have been for a girl. I immediately wanted to do an airplane theme and since Nate didn't care one way or another, the decision was made. Here is some of what we have been working on. I had more pictures but had some problems with them, so maybe I will post those later.

This is an upclose view of the blanket and pillow my mom and I made a couple of weeks ago. We used the Pottery Barn sheets set for fabric and added the white chenille fabric to it, and it turned out mighty cute. Plus it is so nice and warm! I can't wait to use it all!

5 comments:

Caleb and Anna said...

So cute! It looks great. The quilt and pillow are a perfect match!

Anonymous said...

So cute Ruth! I'm so excited for you. You're going to love being a mother and you're going to be a wonderful one at that.

Rachel said...

Looks great, Ruth! Way to go! The mobile matches great too. Can't wait to see your little guy.

jenica said...

Very cute. Love the chenille.

I worked hours making Leyla's crib set. Then I washed the quilt and all the colors bled into each other, so basically it came out brownish. I know you are smarter than and will wash it in cold not HOT. (Also, I don't think I prewashed the fabric, so dumb.)

Eryn said...

love the theme. my sister elana was going to use that theme also, since mike joined the air force. the room looks very cute.