Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Enjoying Alaska...

For Memorial day, we went up to Eklutna Lake, and biked around the lake with our friends John and RuthAnne. Isn't it gorgeous? I can't believe we can get just outside of town and be here! We had so much fun together.
The next weekend, which would be this past Saturday, we all went biking together again at Kincaid Park. This is what we saw right next to our biking trail. A momma and her baby moose. I was really excited, you can tell I am not from here, because I still get excited to see moose.
Saturday, May 31st, we celebrated our 5 year anniversary. Friday night John and RuthAnne watched Austin for us for a few hours, and we were able to go to dinner and do a little shopping for our present to each other...a new camera!
Saturday night we went up to Eagle River for Brianna's 3rd Birthday party at the park!
Austin had a great time riding on all the toys, he was especially happy about the Capri Suns, Beth had brought for everyone to drink.
I told you he liked those things...almost all the pictures I have of him, he was drinking the juice. Sadly it wasn't the same one...he had his fair share of them, amazingly he slept really well that night.
Austin and Nate on the slides. They both had lots of fun on that thing.

16 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy anniversary! Your pictures are beautiful.

What kind of camera did you buy?

bandanachick said...

We didn't buy one...does that surprise anyone? :) We just started looking on our date, but plan to get one soon, hopefully before we come home. There are just so many good options!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed my Nikon D60.

Austin's jacket is an A+ choice. Crimson looks good on that boy. Rachel please take notice to how good the Crimson and Cream looks on kids.

-Michael

Jessie said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a great time, thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Beth said...

Great pics! I didn't realize your anniversary was on Saturday, so Happy Anniversary a couple days late. Also, great pics of the kids. Could you email me the pics of the party?

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Alaska is so pretty...when are u guys coming back to visit?

Kari said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous Anniversary. Congrats on 5 years, its crazy how fast time flies.
Anyways, Johnny likes the jacket that Austin is wearing too. ;)

Rachel said...

Crimson makes my blondies look washed out. They look much better in royal blue. :)

I have a feeling that jacket was a GIFT though - so we can't be blamed for our kids' apparel if you're the one slacking on your uncle duties! :)

BTW, Ethan is wearing his Chiefs jersey today...it still fits him!

Eryn said...

5 years! it goes by fast doesnt it? james and i were just marveling the other night how fast time flies.
happy anniversary!

bandanachick said...

Rachel and Michael, actually I bought the jacket for Austin. I like OU. :) I bought it for him before we moved up here, and it was too big then. I just got it out again and it is almost too small now. :( So anytime you want to buy him OU stuff Michael, we'd be happy to except it.

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 year anniversary!!! Our lives are very similar (minus the whole you moving all over). You got married a month before me and you had your kiddo a month after me. I love your pics of the moose...so fun.

Andrea said...

Happy anniversary! I enjoy seeing your Alaska pictures and the updates on little Austin. You always have him in the cutest sock caps. Do you make some of them?

Anonymous said...

Rachel and Ruth,

What sizes are all the boys? They will be getting some OU gear in July when I see you all.

--Michael

Rachel said...

Haha - I was just teasing you, Michael! :)

But anytime you want to buy my boys OU gear, you just go right ahead. Ethan wears a youth x-small or small (4,5) and Simon wears a 3T or even 4T. Last time Dave bought KU t-shirts for them (NCAA championship ones!), Si's 3T ran pretty small... I don't know if that's how the all are though.

We're looking forward to seeing you!

marti said...

I'm doing some catching up tonight. It's been awhile since I checked out your blog (or anyone elses for that matter) Good to see the pics. Austin is really turning into quite the young man. Evidently your making friends, enjoying Alaska and finding a sitter so you can have some alone time. Good for you.

bandanachick said...

Ha, Michael! Austin probably would wear a 2T.
We take all the free clothes we can get. :)