Monday, March 31, 2008

You know you live in Alaska when...

Your husband tells you to look out the window and this is what you see...
I have been seeing "evidence" all over my yard, of this little guy and his friends, but have yet to see one actually on my street. Last night was my lucky night, I guess. :)

17 comments:

Shawna said...

oh wow! my kids would be pumped. they are thrilled with the squirrels we have living in our backyard. :)

Beth said...

Congratulations on your first moose in your yard!!!

Brooke said...

"little" guy??? That looks like a pretty big creature to me! :o)

Kari said...

I bet no one told you about this when moving into the neighborhood. ;) I can't imagine cleaning up after those things or do people dispose of their waste? And I thought cleaning up after a lab was bad. Pretty amazing nevertheless.

Rachel said...

Wow, that's crazy! What did Austin think?

jenica said...

That's an exciting sight!

There was a huge racked moose roaming CO Spgs for a time when we were there. It baffeled everyone because moose do not live in CO.

jenica said...

That's baffled.

Christina said...

If I showed that picture to Doug, we'd be on a plane ride out to see you within the week! Austin is going to have so many stories to tell of all the neat places he grew up in some day!

bandanachick said...

Kari...yeah, I guess we are suppose to "clean" up after them...I just read that in our Neighborhood Association guide. :) They also told us, "Don't just throw them in your neighbors yard, for them to clean up." Haha...

Reagan said...

That is amazing! I saw a moose when on vacation when I was younger (I don't remember where) but I remember that they were huge!!

Michelle said...

Wow! That is amazing that they come so close to your house...

Unknown said...

Be glad they are so easy to clean up after :o)
Their pellets are WAY better then what a bear leaves behind!

Unknown said...

We often have moose that will come up to the window and look in. Word of warning though, if that ever happens to you? Do not startle it. They have been know to invite themselves in.
We had a large cow get up on our deck, and the whole house was shaking like an earthquake!
She was easily twice the size of the baby in your yard and likely weighed 1,200 lbs.

Unknown said...

Hey,
I will give you a call later on to chat, but was wondering if you would want to participate in Christ in Passover with us?
Its April 19th in the evening.

Eryn said...

how fun! a zoo in your own back yard. but i wouldnt want to clean up after them, just throw it in your neighbors yard. oh wait.....

Happy Diner said...

Just wait until you hit those "land mines" with your mower. It's like throwing heads of cabbage in a tree shredder!

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

MOOSE IN THE YARD...FABULOUS!
Nate & Ruth...Maybe we will see you both and little Austin when we hit your neck of the woods May 1 - 19. We are heading up to spend nearly 3 weeks with Paula and Steve. Nate, your dad told us when then got back prior to us making plans "If we ever get up there - pack heavy you won't be coming back". Don't know about that but we do know this - the trip is of the Lord and it's a dream trip I've been waiting for 35 years to happen! Pam & Tim Nelson