Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Window "Mistreatments"...

Family room treatments...
My treatments in the kitchen...
Recently I started reading this blog called, Nesting Place. I love this girl. Her style is great, and she gives great tips on how to decorate on a budget. She posted a while ago on her "window mistreatments", as she calls them. She has given tutorials on several different styles of treatments, so I thought I would try out this one. Mine aren't exactly the same. I actually took the window treatments (out of the living room/dining room) that came with our house, "mistreated" them and put them up in the kitchen/family room. Also, mine are hemmed, since they were already that way. So, really they aren't THAT similar to the Nester's treatments, but she gave me the inspiration, so I will give her the credit. :)

In other news...my two boys are sick. Austin woke up Friday morning, throwing up, and hasn't yet stopped. And then today Nate came down with it. I've never dealt with this before...and to say I have a weak stomach puts it mildly. Sigh...pray they get better soon. We are suppose to head off for vacation/work trip on Friday, so pray we can still make it!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey! Your curtains are cute! That is so fun.

So sorry you have sickies...that is a long time for Austin to be throwing up. Is he keeping anything down in between? Have you tried any probiotics yet? You might want to take some yourself, to help you keep from getting this.

Reagan said...

Great idea! I think I am going to start reading that blog...Hope you guys get to go on Friday!

Shawna said...

sorry about the sickies! I hope they get well soon.

I recently started reading the nester too, (rachel recommended it to me) I love it. I keep looking around for something to sew fringe on, or decorate. So inspiring. I love your mistreated curtains. :)

Kelly said...

I love your curtains! sorry to hear about the illness in your home. Hang in there...I'm praying for you today!

bandanachick said...

Rachel, Austin usually keeps down juice and water, but milk and all food he will throw up. We took him to the doctor yesterday and they said he wasn't dehydrated and just to keep doing what we were doing, whatever that is.
To late for me not getting it...I woke up last night throwing up too! This totally stinks. Nate said he would get us some probiotics today.

Rachel said...

Good, Mom told us 5 capsules every half hour until symptoms stop. And only water on the stomach during that time, no sprite or anything with sugar. This is Dr. Mercola's little stomach remedy, and let me tell you, it has worked for Dave and me SEVERAL times.

They make probiotics in powder form that Austin could take, mixed in juice or yogurt. You might try that with him too.

Hope you're feeling better soon...puking is the worst! I feel so bad for you!

bandanachick said...

Thanks Rachel, before I read your comment Nate had given me 1 probiotic with Sprite. I took 5 more after that with water, and am already feeling a little better. Austin hasn't thrown up yet today, so hopefully we are all on the mend.

Kari said...

Man, who isn't sick these days. I'm sorry to hear that you got it too. At least the boys are hopefully feeling good enough to take care of you now. Edward got the same thing this week and I just started the whole process last night. Thankfully, I haven't had the vomiting thing...yet.
Get better soon and thanks for the little remedy. I'll have to try it too.

Michelle said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Cute curtains!

Eryn said...

i hope you guys feel better soon! i would feel so badly for you if you missed that trip.
the curtains look great!