Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Whats been going on around here...

Here is a little update to catch you all up on our lives...(I know, you all must be so excited.)

1. Nate made it home safely last week from his trip. We are, of course, thrilled to have him back home again. He never stops though, and it has been busy busy busy since he came home.

2. Nate and I went skiing for the first time together (since we have moved here) last Saturday night. It was a freezing -10 degrees outside. Yep that is right, NEGATIVE. Way to cold to go skiing, in my opinion, but I sucked it up and we actually had fun.

3. On Monday we had another bucket of snow dumped on us. Which means, yeah, it is finally warm enough to snow again! We are FINALLY out of the negative temps around here and up into the teens and twenties again! I never thought I would be so excited to see snow, but it was a wonderful sight.

4. Austin is doing really well. He is oh so close to walking. He will walk around holding one of our hands, or "cruises" around on the furniture. So, it won't be long. He is growing up way too fast, but it is fun to watch. Here is a little picture of him...

Hope you all are doing well! Have a great Wednesday!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, man, he is so stinkin' cute. Miss you guys so much!

Reagan said...

Great picture! I love the updates about the weather - Jere and I love snow and dislike the bitter cold temps too. If it would just snow all winter and stay tempid temps I would love it!

Anonymous said...

Austin gets cuter all the time! Just love his smile. :) Miss you guys too. Love, Mom

Grace Powell said...

I'm sorry to laugh but I never even considered the possibility of "warm enough to snow"!

Elisa isn't walking yet either, although she stands unassisted. Last week she witnessed a 6 year old cousin walking on her knees all afternoon. Now, Elisa is walking on her knees which gives her all the hands free mobility of walking. I'm afraid now she'll never be motivated to do it!

Kari said...

I'm happy to hear that Nate finally made it back. I don't know how you do it with him gone so often. I esp. think of you as you are so far from family. I'm sure that you really love having a cute little man to keep you company when the daddy is gone.

Ruth said...

Grace...why does the 6 year old walk on her knees? Does she always do that? We knew a little girl that did that for a while, but finally she did start walking on her own. Maybe you should get Elisa around a toddler who walks and she will mimick that as well?? I wouldn't worry about it though...I am sure she will be walking in no time. I for one, am not pushing A to walk at all. Way more things he can get into. :)