Sunday, December 16, 2007

Alaska Pictures...



Here are some pictures of Alaska, finally!
Nate took these on his way in to Anchorage, almost two months ago now.

We finalized and closed on our house on Wednesday morning. Everything went fairly smoothly, and we are thankful that although we had a few "hiccups" in the process, we were still able to close on time.
We moved out of temporary living Thursday morning just in time to meet the moving company at our house. Unfortunately, they never arrived... :( apparently they got the date mixed up. So, we spent the first night in our new house sleeping on the floor... :(, nothing like camping in your own house.
But...movers arrived Friday morning and now our house is filled with boxes and more boxes. Nate keeps telling people it looks like a bomb exploded in our house, sadly it does. I didn't realize how much work it was to unpack a whole house, especially with a little boy crawling around undoing all that I do! Someday we will get it done...probably not soon though!

Thank you all for your prayers! We love and miss you all!

11 comments:

Christina said...

Those pictures are absolutely breathtaking. How awesome is our God to have MADE that!
Glad to hear you're at least in the house if not settled. Unpacking with little ones takes lots of time! One good thing...Austin is going to be fascinated by all of his old stuff again...it's going to be like it's all brand new!

Beth said...

Hey! I'll call you this week, but Austin is welcome to come play at our house sometime so that you can get some work done. Glad to hear you are in your new home and I can't wait to see it!

Rachel said...

I wish I could be there to help you. :( I love it that Beth is though!

jenica said...

At least you can have Christmas in your own house! We'll be praying as you FINALLY are seeing the end on being settled.

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much! I finally had a good cry over it. Mom

Grace Powell said...

It is amazingly beautiful there. I am really praying for you as you unpack. I can hardly get laundry done here so I can't imagine how complicated unpacking a whole house will be. Give yourself plenty of time and reasonable expectations. You are a mom first! I'm praying for you. Love you guys.

Eryn said...

sounds like things have been a little rough. but they will make good stories later on down the road, right? and somehow, it is easier to see how God's hand was in it, later on too. Hope things are getting a little easier. will you be able to go cut down your own tree in your backyard :) ?

Caleb and Anna said...

So glad you are in your new house! We are thinking about you often. -A

Michelle said...

So glad you finally got moved in...beautiful pictures!

Heather Anne Riden said...

...makes me want to be there!! Praying for you all!!

Kari said...

I agree with everyone, the pics are BEAUTIFUL! I can't imagine waking up to see those views daily. Enjoy them while they last.
Also, I'll be praying for a smooth move. I also cannot imagine trying to do much with a one year old in tow. You are a brave mother.
Could you email your new address to my mskheller@gmail.com? THanks!