Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Visit to Tulsa...

On Tuesday my mom, Austin, and I went up to Tulsa for the day. We met up with Grace, Elisa, and Marti, and had a wonderful day together. Just like Michelle said in her blog recently, it is so nice to hang out with people who are in the same stage of life as you are. Elisa was born just two weeks after Austin, so that is pretty much as close as you can get! It was great to share tips with each other and share some of what we have learned in this new parenting phase. We took lots of pictures of the little ones...they were the highlight of the day! Since Grace doesn't update pictures of Elisa too much I thought I would...enjoy the cuties!

Elisa eating prunes...that girl just downed them...! She is a great eater and didn't get a single thing on her bib!

Elisa grabbing Austin's ear, she is already keepin him in line!

This picture cracks me up, it looks like we told them to close their eyes and act asleep. Actually though, they were just closing their eyes from the flashes.

Austin eating Elisa's book...

Austin showing Elisa how to sit up and elevate your legs at the same time. He actually really does sit like that...he already has good balance!

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Cute pics! They look like they enjoyed each other. Man, they grow up fast! I can't believe how big they are.

Austin must have gotten his daddy's gymnastic abilities.

Josh and I so want to get together with you guys while you are in Oklahoma. He keeps forgetting to call Nate. I never think to remind him until it's too late to call!

Rachel said...

When did he start sitting up on his own???? Cute pics.

Kelly said...

You got some cute pix! I also love your new layout!! It's very inviting!!

Ruth said...

Brooke...we would love to see you guys! Remind Josh to call and we will try to work something out.
Rachel...he started sitting well probably the week after you came to visit here. He sits really well now.

Grace Powell said...

Good pics, I think you took more than me! I love your new layout too. Great picture of you and tiny Austin.

Kari said...

Its great having so many babies close in age. I just hope that they will all be good friends. Maybe they will all meet up later in life at Turkey Hill like their parents. We are sad to see you guys move so far. Hopefully you'll be back in the area soon.

Eryn said...

they look like they got along great! very cute.

Michelle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! sorry but to see my friends kids playing together is almost surreal...they are both sooo cute.

Heather Anne Riden said...

These pictures are the best. Your top picture is priceless. Who took that? When I visited tulsa a couple of months ago I got to hold Elisa... she is such a good little girl!

Heather Anne Riden said...

oh, and how do your make your profile like that? I am in need to tips!