Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bitten by SJP

Mother Load: Mom Advice posted a blog a few weeks ago about this new line that Sarah Jessica Parker put out. Oprah did a whole show about frugal fashion finds and SJP had her new line of clothing included on the show. This is what the girl at MotherLoad says,
I was not disappointed with this past Friday's episode where a new line of clothing from Sarah Jessica Parker is set to come out on June 7th. If you still have it taped, it is worth it to watch! Her tag line is,"Fashion is Not a Luxury" and she has embraced that with a line of clothing from Steve & Barry's that she is calling Bitten. These clothes are never over twenty dollars and include shoes, bags, suits, jackets, blazers & other fashionable gear, many never ever at the twenty dollar mark (even in the discount stores).

I can't say whether or not the clothing is of good quality, but she is raving about it, so we will have to take her word on that one! The clothing line looks like it has tons of great basics, that will pair well with each other and as separates. While some critics have said the line is boring, I love a good basic line that will go with everything.

Nathan and I took a break from our busy busy week and spent the morning out shopping. We stopped by Steve & Barry's to see what all the fuss was about. I just have to say, I LOVE her new line (it is totally my style but I know it won't be everyones), so go and check it out for yourself. It is definitely worth the effort to go and see if you like it too! Nate was pretty impressed and I was ecstatic...I love clothes and even more I love a good price on cute clothes. Happy Shopping!

9 comments:

Eryn said...

is steve and barrys a retail store? i have never heard of it. is there maybe another store that is going to carry it?

Rachel said...

Yes, I am wondering too. I have never heard of it either.

Ruth said...

Yes it is a retail store. You can look up their website at www.steveandbarrys.com to see if they have a location near you. If not you can come visit me and go to ours! (But you have to do it in the next two weeks!)

April said...

I read an article with SJP and she said that modesty is an essential part of the line. She said there will be no "coin slot" exposed with her jeans!

Brooke said...

The closest one to us is OKC. Tulsa is starting to aggrivate me! There are NO maternity clothes here either... well, cute ones anyway. We have to drive to OKC for that to!

Ruth said...

April...I actually bought a pair of the jeans and like them a lot, it is nice that they are a bit higher than most jeans.
Brooke...bummer about no store in Tulsa, they had a cute shirt that I thought would be good for early pregnancy. I almost bought it but thought people might think I am prego again and decided not too. I am glad that there is one is OKC though, that way I can go when I am at my parent's house!

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were just talking about this new line over coffee this morning! She was on the Today Show this week too. I can't wait to check it out!

Thanks for your comment on my blog this morning, and the great fashion advice!

Scott and Lynn said...

Rachel, we have a S&B at that outlet mall - I think it's Olathe :) Although, I thought it was all sports stuff, so it must be a sporty line of clothes. I do know it's cheap!

Ruth said...

Lynn...S&B is mostly sports stuff but they are trying to broaden their collection and thus added SJP's line. Her line isn't sporty.