Wednesday, June 06, 2007

We must be completely insane. Who else on earth do you know who would install a sprinkler system in their lawn three weeks before they are moving out? Yes, I am sad to say I think we have completely lost our minds. A project Nate thought would take him a "few" days to do, he is now on day 5 of. Yikes...will it ever be done? Thankfully Andrew K came down and helped him yesterday. Hopefully he will be done today (or maybe more like tomorrow). And then we just have to get the grass to grow back.

This is Nate with the trencher he rented. So manly, eh?


You can't see it very well in the picture but Nate had to dig a 5 foot hole in our flower bed to tap the main water line. He had to get down in the hole and scoop out the dirt with a cup. (I think he did this the hard way!)

My poor flower beds...all torn up.

So, here is our advice to you. If you ever get the crazy idea to install a sprinkler system by yourself...DON'T DO IT! Unless of course you will stay in your house for longer than three weeks, and actually get to enjoy the benefits of all your hard work! :)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

wow! looks like too much work!

so, where will you guys be staying until you move to Alaska? did you sell your home?

Reagan said...

I didn't realize you guys were moving so soon! I agree...you guys are crazy to do that right before you are moving :)

Eryn said...

that does not look fun. why are you installing one?

Ruth said...

Nope we aren't selling our house. We are going to rent it out. Thus the sprinkler system. We want to make it as easy as possible for our renters to keep our lawn looking nice.
Austin and I are staying with my parents and will also be in with Nate some too.

Anonymous said...

It's good to see Chief Hole-In-Chest is doing well. You know, he used to eat cereal out of that thing at Turkey Hill all the time...