Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Whew...this is what my week looks like...

This coming weekend we are moving all of our stuff to a storage unit, so I have been packing like crazy trying to get our stuff all boxed up. We are trying to figure out how in the world we accumulated so much stuff, we honestly don't know where it came from and for some strange reason we think we need all of it! The sad thing is that Nate used to be able to fit everything he owned in the back of his old 4Runner, so of course he thinks all this stuff is my fault! :) I really do get rid of a LOT of stuff, I promise!
It hasn't really hit me yet that we are leaving our home in a little over a week. This is our first house and it has been so good to us, I hope we can find one in Alaska that we love just as much. I guess because we are staying in the Midwest right now we don't really feel like we are leaving. I am sure the sadness won't really hit us until we find ourselves unpacking in Alaska where we know hardly anyone. The Lord is faithful though, and we are sure that He will provide grace for whatever He brings along our path.
I hope your weeks are all going well!
The "red" room packed up...

The "green" room packed up...

The family room starting to get packed up...

And a fun picture of Austin...so happy!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Great job packing! We will hopefully see you next week.

jenica said...

Ohhh, I don't envy you right now...You look like your a very organized packer.
I know, Andy drove to IA in a little Saturn with everything he owned to marry me.

Michelle said...

Austin is so cute:) So sad to pack...

Kari said...

Great job on the organization!
I don't like packing at all. Thankfully, we had packers with this last move. We hope to get all our stuff back this next Thurs.
Austin has grown so fast. How much does he weigh?

Ruth said...

Kari...at Austin's 6 month he weighed 16.8lbs, which is the 50 percentile. It is weird b/c everyone thinks he is SO big for his age, but yet he is only in the 50th percentile. He is really tall though I think 80th percentile.

Kelly said...

When I saw all the pictures of the rooms packed and then saw a pix of Austin I thought maybe you were boxing him up too!! ha ha...he is so cute and getting so big!! I'm praying for you as you make this transition to Alaska!!