"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
This past Wednesday Nathan and I found out we are going to be transferred to Alaska. We were and are still very shocked (in a good way). Now, if you know what my husband does for a living, you would think we shouldn't be so surprised to hear that we are moving. BUT, just the day before we found out about the move(this past Tuesday) we were told we would be here in Kansas for another year. So surprise surprise Nate calls me Wednesday evening and tells me we are MOVING!
We did not know that Alaska was even an option either, but apparently it is the Lord's choice for us. We won't actually be moving from Kansas until the fall. That gives me some time to wrap things up here, and I am so grateful for that. Nate will be doing some training in Oklahoma for 4 months before we can actually move up to Alaska, so Austin and I will be back and forth between OK and our home in Kansas.
We are scared and excited...scared to move so far away from everyone we are close to, but excited for this new adventure. We are so thankful that we are in the Lord's hands, HIS plan is the one we want to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
wow! what an opportunity! i hear alaska is an awesome place. you guys will be leaving oklahoma just as my sister and her husband will be moving there. too bad! i was hoping you two would get to be together there and i could visit you both.
i cant wait to see pictures. do you know what part of alaska?
That's a bit of a distance! I wonder what possibilities the Lord has in store for you?
We'll be praying. Thankfully it's not immediately. Time to think, plan and pray.
wow! i can't believe it! that is so far away. i'm thankful that you guys seem to be excited about it... hopefully that will make it easier on everyone.
do you know if there will be an assembly nearby?
i told josh. he will be calling nate. :o)
We will miss you so much, but we know you will enjoy the adventure. Thankfully it is not forever, and you know, it looks like we will just HAVE to visit Alaska now, which will be very fun!
It is so encouraging to know that the Lord directs our steps and chooses our paths. He WANTS you in Alaska, and as always, has gone before you there.
Knowing it's temporary has to make it a little easier to move away so far. Do you know for how long?
It's definitely not a ugly place to move.=)
We'll pray the Lord will guide you every step.
Wow! what an adventure:) I will miss you though...you better keep up the blogging...can you blog in Alaska?
Is this your first move since you guys were married. It sounds exciting, yet cold. You still have time to get prepared though. Congrats.
Michelle Moses
Eryn...We are moving to Anchorage, which is Alaska's largest city.
Brooke...there are three Chapels in the "handbook", so we will see when we move up there. We are praying to find a good home church.
Jenica...we are thinking we will be there for about four years. It is so weird to think that Austin will be five by the time we move back!
Michelle...haha you crack me up! Yes, I can still blog in Alaska...they did have internet last time I checked! :)
Michelle M...this is our first move together, should be interesting!
I can't believe you are moving so far away! This will be an awesome experience for you all. We will be sad that you live so far away, esp. now that we are moving back into the midwest region. However, the Lord certainly has the right and perfect plans for each of us. We are still amazed that He is moving us to Iowa in a little over a weeks time.
John and I hope that we will be able to come and visit sometime.
If you want some contacts I'll get you them.
This family we know from IA moving to AK in May are so fun, you would love her I think. They have 3 kids. I don't think they'll go to an asembly, but a evang. church.
I went to Emmaus with a couple who lives there and goes to an assembly. They have 3 small boys. She is very sweet (didn't know him as well).
Yes Jenica, we would love any connections you can get us. I will try to get your email address from Rachel so you can email us whatever info you have. Thanks!
Hey Ruth! Sounds like you are getting some great feedback and handling things well... we are still praying for your adjustments along the way and already planning when we should come visit! Caleb's brother is moving to England for a year after they get married, so that will be a big change for them. -Anna
I've always wanted to visit Alaska... it's one of the few places true wilderness still exists. Now Brooke & I will have somebody to stay with!
How's that for a self-invitation! Mwa-ha-ha-haaa.
Josh...haha! You are welcome to come and stay with us ANYTIME!
We would love to have visitors and are expecting many of you guys to come and stay with us, so please do! We have heard the summer is the best time to visit so everyone start planning your summer of 08 visit to Alaska!
Ruth! I am very excited for you in this new opportunity the Lord is bringing you. I'm sure it's scary too, but any unknown in life is scary. It's good to know that the Lord goes before us and has already prepared the way for you, Nate and Austin. He certainly does have a plan for your family in Alaska and it will be exciting to hear about all those wonderful things as they unfold (and then you share them via your blog!!) I will be praying for you, Ruth!
Post a Comment