Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day! Nate and I celebrated Valentines yesterday because he has to "work" tonight. He surprized me at lunch yesterday and brought this fruit basket bouquet home. It is soo yummy and a great alternative to those roses that always seem to die so soon. (Not that this will last that long either!) We went out on a date last night for the first time since Austin was born...wow has it really almost been three months without a date! Yikes. I probably wouldn't have left him this soon either (I must be one of those crazy moms that never leaves their child but its hard when you don't have family around!) but Nate called and made the babysitting arragements without me knowing. So anyways, we went out to dinner and ran some errands...and guess what...Austin did just fine! Hopefully we won't wait another three months to go out alone again. I hope you all have a wonderful day today!

The fruit basket is filled with dark chocolate covered apples, milk and white chocolate covered strawberries, grapes, pineapple, and cantelope...yum, I think I will go have some more now!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That looks so good!

Who babysat for you? You know, after we had Ethan, the very first time we left him was for Valentine's day too! We left him at Doug and Kim's and waited at a restaurant for 2 1/2 hours to be seated (note to self: never go out ON Valentine's Day again!), and the whole time I was so worried about him! It's so hard to relax at first, don't you think?

Brooke said...

mmm... fresh pineapple sounds SO good right now! i wish you didn't live so far away. :o)

jenica said...

Yes, that looks like my kind of bouquet, too! Yummy!

Glad you had fun. It is hard to leave them for the first time! Sometimes Andy would make the rule "no talking about the baby" on our dates. He doesn't say that anymore. Maybe I've gotten better?

Eryn said...

that looks wonderful! where did he get it? how were the apples? i dont think i have ever had chocolate covered apples before.

Kelly said...

That fruit bouquet makes my mouth water! It looks absolutely delectable!! Who comes up with these good ideas?!?

Ruth said...

The fruit basket is delicious...I'd be happy to share some with you Brooke if you want to come for a visit! (But I don't know how much longer it will last so hurry!)
The chocolate covered apples are actually pretty good. I thought it sounded kinda strange too but I am pretty much of the opinion that anything with chocolate is good. They used the granny smith apples, so they were a little tart which was nice with the sweet chocolate.
Rach--We had the Goodson's babysit for us...they go to our chapel. We were only gone 2 1/2 hours, I couldn't take any longer than that!