So, it has been almost two weeks and I feel like I have been away from the computer forever. I am pretty much a walking zombie right now, I had no idea how very much my life would change with Austin's arrival. I've been told things will settle down and that soon I will actually be bored, but right now I can't even imagine that. However, I LOVE my new little blessing. It is such a wonderful blessing to be a mother and I am trying to cherish each and every moment I have with him. Here are some pictures...none of them are that great, but hopefully I can get some better ones here soon. Introducing Austin Oaks....


9 comments:
Oh, he so cute Ruth! I can't tell who he looks like...can you?
Things will get less chaotic for sure. Everything seems more overwhelming when you're tired, so hopfully you can get sleep... Hang in there you're doing great!
Austin is just precious, can't wait to meet him!
wow! what a precious little boy. things are overwhelming at first. make sure you take advantage of peoples offers of help. and dont worry about the housework, SLEEP!
congratulations, he is really adorable.
Ahhhh! I love him tons already. Anna
We love him too! Ethan is talking about him all the time, and he can't wait to meet him!
It gets TONS easier, so hang in there. Sleep is one of the biggest factors, so try hard to take advantage of his naps, at least once a day if you can. This was hard for me, with housework calling, but those who take the advice to heart end up having an easier time, I think.
We can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!
such a cutie!
grace said that he likes to eat for an hour and then sleep for an hour 24 hours a day... i'm sorry! i'm praying for you and i hope that he starts to sleep more soon!
Congratulations Ruth! Chris & I are so happy for you. It is amazing being a mother isn't it? You never imagined you could love something so much. It truly is a life changing blessing. And I'm going to chime in and also say that it gets easier. I don't know about bored but definiately easier. I remember my first couple of weeks, I wondered, "We're never going to make it to 6 months!" Not that anything bad would happen, but that that seemed so far away. And now, Caroline is 9 months old and the greatest example of God's love I have ever experienced. Press on friend! And take advantage of it all! Take care!
So adorable! It does get better once you get the swing of things.
Who says it gets any easier? Austin's father is about to turn thirty and I still stay awake at night worrying about him! Hang in there, it gets easier when they can drive themselves to school.
He is GORGEOUS!!
Post a Comment