At my church shower a couple of weeks ago Mona shared her thoughts about being a mother and what she has learned since becoming one. She said, "The thing that strikes me in all this is that all the while you're being a mom you're using words. Words to teach, to show love, to correct, to encourage, to question, to admonish, etc..." She used Proverbs as her text and inserted the word "mother" into these verses.
Proverbs 15:1, "A mother's soft answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up strife."
Proverbs 15:28, "The heart of the righteous mother studies how to answer."
Proverbs 15:4, "A mother's wholesome tongue is a tree of life."
Proverbs 15:7, "The lips of the wise mother disperse knowledge."
Proverbs 15:23, "A mother's word spoken in due season, how good it is."
Proverbs 15:11, "A mother's word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in vessels of silver."
Proverbs 16:24, "A mother's pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones."
Proverbs 18:4, "The words of a mother's mouth are deep waters, the well-spring of wisdom, as a flowing brook."
Proverbs 27:19, "Ointment and perfume delight the heart and the sweetness of a mother gives delight by hearty counsel."
May all our words be used as healing ointment and sweet perfume!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, those are great verses! Convicting and encouraging. There's nothing like God's Word to speak to you.
what a lovely way to use those verses.
it was so good so see you this past weekend.
Who is Mona?
I think I'm going to copy all those verses down and place them on my fridge or somewhere prominent. Good reminders!
Mona goes to my church, I don't think that you've met her before. I think I am going to post them up in my house too, they are good reminders for wives too!
Post a Comment