So much has happened since I last posted, here are some little snippets about what we've been up to...- Nate finished up his Master's degree, earning an MBA. It seems like he has been working on it for FOREVER, so we were all relieved when he finished his very last class this month. My hat goes off to you Nate, as I have no idea how you were able to maintain straight A's with all that everyone else requires of you (especially me).
- We traveled back to the Midwest for almost two weeks of Christmas fun. We spent the first week with Nate's family and the second week with my family. We are so thankful for all of our family who traveled to make things more convenient for us. My family met up at Rachel's house and Nate's family met up at his parent's home. Thankfully they live only 20 minutes apart!
- I had my 33 week appointment this past Monday. The doctor was concerned after I measured only 30 weeks, as this whole pregnancy I have been measuring right on. They sent me over to radiology, who had me wait for the next available ultrasound. Thankfully everything seemed to look okay...the results will be sent to my doctor and they will go over them with me at the next appointment. The baby was actually measuring a few days bigger than my due date, so she is nice and healthy...they are guestimating that she weighes 4 1/2 pounds already! We are praying that at the next appointment I will be back to measuring on track again. The fun thing was, I was able to see my little baby girl again (and they confirmed to me that she is still a girl!), they also gave me more pictures of her to add to my collection.
- We started moving Austin to the old guest room. We put the crib in there, but also the twin bed he will hopefully be moving to soon. We are almost finished with that, and then we are finally going to start putting together the new baby room/guest room. So much still to do...like pick a name!!!
***Nate is going on three trips in the coming weeks, before the birth of our baby. Pray with us that the baby doesn't come while he is gone on one of them!
12 comments:
Happy New Year, Ruth! Sounds like you had a nice time visiting family over Christmas! What a blessing! Praying your baby stays put until Nate is home!
The same thing happened to me when I was about 33 weeks with Sophie and all was well.
Praying for you!
Good to know that you are back home. I was wondering when you were coming back. We should get together soon. I had an interesting 32 week appointment the week of Christmas...I'll have to tell you about it. See you soon!
I'll be praying - take it easy!
I cannot believe you only have aprox. 7 weeks to go!
What a blessing to be home for Christmas!
I'll be praying for you and Nate.
They quick measuring me at that point because they said it wasn't accurate anymore. Sounds like everything was fine from the US so we will continue to pray "she" (looking forward to inserting name soon!) will be healthy and arrive at an appropriate time! -A
Glad to hear you had a good time with all the family over Christmas. I can't believe you're already at the end of your pregnancy! I'll be praying for you, especially as Nate is traveling. Just keep telling her how nice and warm it is where she is now as opposed to what it will be if she decides to come early!
I'll be praying that she will arrive when Nate is home. So exciting that you soon get to meet her face to face!
The #4 sounds soo familiar it was like I could copy and paste it in my own blog at that stage. Welp here we are at almost 38 weeks, and we finally have a name and Asher spend his first night in his big boy bed Sunday. Just to encourage you that in 5 weeks all could be ready. :-)
Wow you have a lot going on:) Congrats to Nate! I'll be praying for your last weeks of pregnancy and that Nate will be able to be there.
Good job Nate! And good job Ruth for helping him get through it! Sounds like you guys are really busy now- hooray for the final stretch; Can't wait to see what you do with the nursery!
Nate! Dude! I didn't even know you were in school! How bad of a friend am I?
Well, congratulation on doing something I swore I would never do: go back to school.
Josh
Post a Comment