
"Children are a gift from the Lord: they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior's hands. How happy is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates."
Psalm 127:3-5
I have recently been convicted to really cherish these last few weeks of being the mom to only Austin. I will never again have the constant one on one time that I do with him now. I can honestly say, I am loving this time. He has grown up so much these past few months. Both times we went home to visit last year he came home and seemed to just grow up before our eyes (probably due to those older cousins teaching him all sorts of new things, thanks E and Si!).
So, yes, I will be ready to hold my little girl in my arms and love on her when she comes. But until then, you will find us reading more books together, playing games, and enjoying our time where we are just a family of three.
7 comments:
DITTO!! We had so much fun with Asher the last few months, watching him change and grow. I've actually struggled with the idea of adding this new one. He and I are so close, but now 2 days from my due date, I'm so ready to open my arms to add another. Thanks for the verse.
I remember that feeling - and cherishing the moments with just one. It is very special.
I can't believe you are just a couple weeks away from having your little girl. Time went so fast...on my end that is. Hope you are feeling well and ready to add to your family. How sweet to think of Austin as a BIG brother.
I'll be praying for you as you near your delivery day. Can't wait to see pics and hear what you name her.
Yep, I remember those feelings, too. I felt a little bad for L getting pushed out of the baby position. But she is the only one who ever had me all to herself. Plus the gift of a sibling is so good for them.
Take care in these last few weeks! We need to see some belly shots!
I remember sitting and just holding Ben and reading to him, thinking " man, your world is about to change. And mine too."
They really are precious moments
We went through the same thing the last few weeks before Nate was born, and the Lord really used that time to teach Nathan and I to cherish what time we have together. I find myself going through some of the same emotions now that I did then, and we too are reading a lot more books as I pray for patience these last few weeks with it just being the two kids.
I love that picture of Austin. He seems so focused on the task at hand. And the way the light is shining through the blinds making the stripes of shadows is really cool - I think.
Praying for you in these last days of pregnancy. And looking forward with excitement about coming up and seeing you all again! Love, Mom
Post a Comment