Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Trip to Southern California...

Dinner in Downtown Disney...

Austin playing the piano in Donald Duck's playhouse...
Austin playing in the "playground" of Disneyland...
Yes, Austin's favorite thing of the day was the slide...that was one expensive slide ride!


Last Thursday we left for a quick trip to Southern California. Nate had a conference to attend in the area, so Austin and I tried our luck and got Space A seats to join him. We are SO glad that we did, it was a much needed trip away from the cold, snow and all the sickness that we are experiencing here.
Highlights/Things to remember...
1. We were the LAST ones to check in to the hotel (from our group) and there were no regular rooms left. SO...they gave us a double master suite to stay in for the weekend. It was WONDERFUL! Austin had his own room and bathroom plus we had a living room for him to run around in as well...it was LUXURY!
2. The hotel had two outdoor pools that were heated...Austin and I had a fun time swimming while Nate was in seminars soaking up knowledge on the AF. :)
3. The conference ended Sunday morning so we spent the day at Disneyland, which was within walking distance down the street. We went on rides in the morning and then let Austin play in the play area next to Mickey Mouse's house...the slide received the most smiles from him...apparently he is just as happy at a playground then he is at Disneyland.
4. We were very impressed by the healthy food selection at Disneyland. I thought for sure we would be eating junk all day, but low and behold Disney has gone healthy. They had tons of fresh fruit and veggies...such a nice surprise.
5. Sunday night we had dinner with Nate's Uncle Charles and Aunt Marilyn. They took us to dinner to a fun Italian restaurant, which Austin loved...pasta is his FAV. So great to see them both!

Overall we had an excellent time...I'm thinking maybe I'll push for California to be our next move...ha! ;)

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you had fun! I love California - I wouldn't mind if you moved there! Except for the fact that we'd still hardly see you...but at least we could visit in the winter!

Kari said...

Glad that you got a break from the cold. Austin looked especially happy in those pics. I think its hardest for the little ones once the winter begins and they have to stay inside all day.
You look great too. Hope you are feeling well still.

jenica said...

Glad to hear of your refreshing break! Now if you can plan a couple more in Jan and March... ;)

Reagan said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Nice to get away like that with your hubby :)

Beth said...

Sounds like tons of fun. I was wondering why I hadn't seen or heard from you lately.

Stacy said...

Yes, you should move to California next! Sorry that we missed you guys. You are brave to fly space A. I always worry that I will be at the airport for hours with two little ones going crazy so i never want to try. I think you've inspired me!

Eryn said...

is space A where you have to wait and see if there are seats available? anyway, looks like tons of fun! glad you are getting some time to play before the new one comes.

bandanachick said...

Stacy...don't be too impressed...Nate was flying Space A too, except he was pretty much guaranteed a spot on the flight and I wasn't. You should try it though...last time I did it Nate was the pilot, so he wasn't there to help, and it went pretty well.
Eryn...Space A stands for Space available, it is when you hop a ride on a military aircraft for free. It can be tricky, you don't always get on, and it isn't very comfortable, but its FREE! :)

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you got to go to CA where the warm weather is...Austin looked like he really had fun too! Im sure you didn't mind the heated pools right?:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a ton of fun. He looks so grown-up in a few of those pics. You look great...that last one you don't even look pregnant. How are you feeling?