Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Big 2!



Yesterday was Austin's 2nd birthday! We opened family presents last night and then had a birthday party for him this morning. He is so exhausted from all the festivities of Thanksgiving, birthday, and party, that he is still sleeping from his nap now, going on three hours now!
We are so thankful to the Lord for giving us this little guy. What a huge blessing he has been in both Nate and I's life, and truly I couldn't imagine life without him.

What Austin likes these days...
  1. Tools (as shown in the picture above), he got two new sets for his birthday and won't put them down. He is still working on the sharing thing. ;)
  2. Cars...he loves all the car gear from the movies "Cars". We bought the movie for him for his birthday, but he wasn't too interested in that...still not into movies yet.
  3. Curious George...this is the only tv show he is really interested in watching. For some reason it really appeals to him, and I am very thankful to have a little break during the day.
  4. Books...his two favorites right now are Counting 1,2,3 and Goodnight Moon. His favorite word right now is "hot", so all the pictures in Goodnight Moon that have a fireplace in them, he has to point out to me that it is "hot".
  5. Being outside...he loves to go out and play in the snow. Unfortunately for him, his momma isn't too big on going outside in the cold with him...thankfully his daddy indulges him. :)
We love you little Austi!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy birthday, little guy! We love you!

Did he get the gift yet?

bandanachick said...

Yes he did and he loves it! Nate said it was the perfect gift. Ethan must know what 2 yr olds like. :) He hauls around his tool set in it everywhere!

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday! Time flies by :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Austin!
We love you!
I love the fact that you love tools and have a special tool carrier. I love tools and have a special tool carrier; it is called a truck. When you come to Kansas we will go for a ride in it.
Grandma and Grandpa Drewry

Anonymous said...

We love you too - little Austie! And are glad to hear that you had a fun birthday. See you soon! Love, Grandma and Grandpa Renes

Grace Powell said...

Happy Birthday to Austin. He's such a cutie! Isn't this learning to talk stage so fun?

Anonymous said...

Hey Ruth! Ahh, Austin is getting so big! I hope you guys are having a good Christmastime! Tell Nate I say 'hi'!
-Sarah Schiete