Thursday, October 09, 2008

Oh Target, how I've missed you...

It's been almost a whole year (minus the time I was home this summer) that I have gone without my favorite store. When I first found out I was moving to Alaska, I google searched to see if they had a Target...much to my dismay, there wasn't one in the whole state. Thankfully today not one but two Target stores opened in Alaska. Their grand openings aren't actually until this Sunday, but the one closest to us had their "soft" opening today. I don't know how "soft" of an opening it was b/c I am pretty sure every Alaskan in the area was there today. The whole parking lot was full and they had security directing traffic so people could find spots to park. I guess it is safe to say, I wasn't the only one excited about Target coming to town. So, thanks for coming to town Target, I sure have missed you and I look forward to visiting you often. :)

7 comments:

Brooke said...

How did you survive a whole year without it?! I wouldn't make it...

It came just in time to buy cute baby girl stuff too!

Reagan said...

Wow, I can't imagine a town without a target! Happy browsing!

Eryn said...

how in the world did target miss alaska?! that is crazy.
but isnt it wonderful they are opening some just as you moved there?
just proves the lord cares about our shopping habits!

Caleb and Anna said...

How funny about all the people rushing there! I didn't know that was your favorite store. Glad you have one though! -A

bandanachick said...

Anna..
Target is just one of those stores I can find anything at. All year long, when I needed something, esp home decor stuff, I really missed not having one. So, thats why I am saying it is my favorite store, b/c really it is the only store I REALLY have missed.

jenica said...

Like you've stated, I can't imagine not having a Target. I can't even imagine not having a Super T close.
As a matter of fact I'm heading out the door right now. Weird.

Stacy said...

I feel your pain. There is no Target where we live - and no plans to build one... it's sad...