Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Finally, I am sharing our big news...

We are expecting baby #2!

So, I know some of you already know our news, or maybe all of you do, as the word seems to be spreading fast. :) But, I just thought I would get it out there, in case you didn't know. I have been waiting and waiting, wanting to see a doctor first before we told the whole world. But, since we have been out of state so long and I won't be able to see a doctor for three more weeks (grrr), I figured I couldn't wait any longer.

I am about 11 weeks along, I think...I can't find a calendar anywhere, and my brain seems to have left me these days. I am due the middle of February, right in the middle of a heavy Alaskan winter. :)

Thank you all for your prayers, I am so thankful to be almost out of the first yucky trimester. Just a few more weeks to go, and hopefully this nausea will stop. A big thank you to my mom, Rachel, and Nate's mom, who all graciously took care of Austin while I was sick, you guys all went above and beyond what you should have had to do. Love to you all!

16 comments:

April said...

Congratulations!!

Anne said...

Congrats Ruth you guys. That is so exciting!!!!

jenica said...

That's wonderful news! Really, that might be a perfect time to have a baby for a bright spot in the winter months.

Kari said...

Yeah! Glad to hear that there will be another little cutie in the Drewry family. Austin needs a bro or sis and we are realizing that E does too, just not yet. ;) Hope that you start feeling better.
How was your trip to the middle states?

Eryn said...

yeah! congratulations. i hope you start feeling better soon, too. that first trimester is awful!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS on another precious gift from the Lord! We didn't have a clue and had not heard it, so not everyone knew!
Nancy G

Michelle said...

Congrats! Well, I definitely hadn't heard, so I'm glad you posted it. It looks like we'll be going through the same stuff at the same time. I'm really looking forward to the first trimester being over with as well. My first appt is two weeks away. I'm very excited for you!

Christina said...

Congratulations! February is a beautiful month for a birthday, just ask my mom!

Beth said...

Ruth, I think that having a baby in the middle of winter is nice. It helps the long winter months go by more quickly. Besides, we are going to plan to have these babies on the same day so we can visit while we are in the hospital.

Marcie said...

Congratulations! What fun having the two so close together. Austin will be so excited. Ate you going to find out what you're having?

Michelle said...

Yeah!!! We are so happy for ya'll!

So good seeing you too...It makes me realize how much I miss hanging out with you and Grace:)

Heather Anne Riden said...

woohoo! I am so excited for you three! I dropped off your parents at the airport this morning. Let me know how they arrived! Oh, and let nate know my last 5k was 19:47. Love, Heather

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

your father-in-law just shared the wonderful news with all of us here at LBC. How exciting! We are praying for you. That was really neat how the Lord worked out Nate's schedule so that you would be with family, and the moms could help with Austin during part of the first trimester- it's hard chasing a busy little boy around when you're tired and nauseous! It'll get better!
Sarah Nadvornik

Caleb and Anna said...

We love you guys and are praying for you and the precious little cousin growing inside of you! -A

Anonymous said...

Okay so i am so far behind on checking blogs and facebook. I just saw your status and figured I'd run over to your blog. So exciting. I think if I remember correctly we were married a month a part our little boys are a month apart and our second little ones will be about a month apart. Hmmm, kind of fun. I hope you a feeling better...I am having a much harder pregnancy this go around. Still not completely over the nausea. Hope u are having a nice weekend.

The Almighty Betherson "Ninja" said...

congrats you guys! i'll keep you in my prayers! at least when its really really cold you'll have an extra "somebody" keeping you warm!