Austin turns 14 months old today. It is strange for me to think of him as a toddler, when I often still think of myself "as a new mom with a baby". The fourteen month mark is when I often hear of other "more together moms" getting pregnant with baby number 2 (or 3 or 4). It seems in the circle that I run in the magic number is to have your children 2 years apart (or less, Grace :)).
Just to turn off any rumors...no, I am not expecting. It HAS been in Nate and I's discussions lately though. Trying to decide what is best for our little family. We have a different kind of life than most. Not better or worse, just different. Ultimately we want what will be best for Austin and future children to come. We want a home where our children get to see their father every night, where they aren't surprised when he is home for the weekend, and where he can play a very active role in their lives. It is hard to REALLY know what is best, thankfully we don't have to. I have been so grateful lately that we are in the Lord's hands. His timing is perfect and we can rest in that alone.
Austin, tonight, playing with his toys before bed...
Just to turn off any rumors...no, I am not expecting. It HAS been in Nate and I's discussions lately though. Trying to decide what is best for our little family. We have a different kind of life than most. Not better or worse, just different. Ultimately we want what will be best for Austin and future children to come. We want a home where our children get to see their father every night, where they aren't surprised when he is home for the weekend, and where he can play a very active role in their lives. It is hard to REALLY know what is best, thankfully we don't have to. I have been so grateful lately that we are in the Lord's hands. His timing is perfect and we can rest in that alone.
Austin, tonight, playing with his toys before bed...
Ecclesiastes 3:1
8 comments:
I see some of Michael in Austin in that second picture!
We will pray for you guys, that the Lord will show you His will in this area. You are a wonderful mother though - very *together* - so I don't know what you are talking about. :) I think it would be fun to be preggo together sometime though!
His cheeks are adorable Ruth!
Time does fly! But don't feel any outside pressure in this area. It's between Nate, you and the Lord. Ultimately the Lord. You can "plan", but the Lord may have something else in mind. =)
It was fun reading your blog today. The ultimate question after baby #1 turns one. I already feel the pressure of having a second one now that Edward is getting close to the one year mark. We're in no hurry though. I am enjoying Edward so much and want to give him some time to grow up a bit more.
Hopefully, Nate will be able to stay closer to home by the next little Drewry. I'm sure it is very difficult.
He does have the cutest cheeks!
Ruth, It is hard to know what is best for our lives! But your expression of a thankful heart is a step toward living in God's Will. His desire is for us to remember Him and to love Him in return for His love for us. He will bless you! Be ready and watchful and He will show you each day in both large and small ways.
Hey Ruth! We have a CD we want you to listen to, that kind of relates to what you are talking about here. We'll give it to you next time we see you. Are you coming over this weekend?
Well, I love those pictures. Austie is really growing up and he looks so happy. Ruth, you are a very "together mom" and are doing an excellent job. The Lord is with you, as He is with all His own, and He will lead and guide for the future. Love, Mom
it is a hard question! i like giving my "babies" time to be babies and myself the time to be a unhurried mother to them. i need that time in between, some mothers dont.it really helps to know your personality and limits and ultimitely give it over to the lord.
Post a Comment