We can not believe that we have been in Alaska for over a month now! Time has certainly been flying by, while we are getting adjusted to the new city.
We bought a house a few weeks ago!!! We are thrilled with the purchase, but not the purchase price...how expensive can houses really get? Anyways, hopefully I can post some pictures soon of it. We decided to live in South Anchorage, after trying several attempts to live in Eagle River and it not working out. We are much closer to Alyeska Ski Resort...so you ski bums who want to come visit us (Michael, Aaron, anyone?) will be much closer to the mountain.
We still haven't decided on the church situation. The more time we spend with each meeting the harder it is getting to say no to one of them. We love the people at both, I know it is tough. :) We know the Lord will place us where He wants us to be, so we are thankful for that.
Anyways, this is all I have time for right now, but I will try to post again sometime soon.
10 comments:
So excited to hear an update. We were just talking about you guys a few nights ago and wondering how things were going.
I'm so happy you guys will have a home again soon! I can't imagine how anxious you guys must be to get settled in your own place.
Continuing to pray for you guys!
Happy Birthday to Austin, too! (I can't remember exactly when it is, but I know it's coming up soon.)
You guys look like you fit right in! You've been on my heart and in my prayers, particularly, the last few weeks! It's good to hear an update...and, when I get antsy...maybe I'll swing by for a visit!! :-)
Man, we can't wait to visit! We miss you guys so much!
Congrats on the house! Happy to hear that you'll be getting settled in before too long.
Thanks for updating us, even though it's not exactly convenient!
We'll be praying that the Lord will show clearly where he wants you to fellowship.
You guys look so cute all bundled up!
Sounds like you guys have moved from the mid-west to a different part of the US. :) Enoch and I have been looking at house prices in Oklahoma. We keep thinking, "Wow, you can actually get a nice house for just one year's salary, as opposed to three year's salary, which is what we currently own."
You look great!
thanks for the update! i will be praying for your church situation. in some ways, what a good situation, to have TWO good churches to pick from with people that you love at both!
I got a "mini" update on your situation from Grace while we were in Oklahoma over Thanksgiving. So glad to hear that you've purchased a house! I'm sure you can't wait to make it feel like home, especially for Austin.
Your family is in my prayers! Exactly how cold is it up there?
Yeah! So good to hear from you guys! Happy Thanksgiving and happy birthday to Austin! -A
So glad you hear you found a house! Cute picture:)
Post a Comment