I think I can officially say we are finished "potty training"!! Woohoo! We tried last summer without too much success, and then decided to wait til he turned three to try again. So, around Christmas time we took it up again, and it went SO much better and much smoother. He was definitely ready this time, which made such a difference. Nate and I were talking the other day, and we both agreed, "Wow, that was way easier than we thought it would be!" So, glad it worked out that way, and I didn't push him before he was ready (even though I was ready!).
Austin also just finished his first "round" of swim lessons. He has a long way to go, before he is actually a swimmer, but I'm so glad we did the lessons. He had so much fun, and it was really nice for him to learn from someone other than one of his parents!
That's about all that is going on in his little world...! Oh, and he is trying to give up his naps. :( Ugg...
Austin also just finished his first "round" of swim lessons. He has a long way to go, before he is actually a swimmer, but I'm so glad we did the lessons. He had so much fun, and it was really nice for him to learn from someone other than one of his parents!
That's about all that is going on in his little world...! Oh, and he is trying to give up his naps. :( Ugg...

4 comments:
Yay for Austie! I bet you are so excited. Both my boys were 3 too - seemed like it was the magic number. And yes, it was super easy! (By that time they can almost train themselves. ;)
Yea!! Congrats it is so nice to have only one in diapers. I'm jealous Austin still does naps...Asher started giving up those at 2 1/2. I can maybe get one once a week, but if we did it every day he wouldn't fall asleep til 11 every night. But he does "rest" time well with books on his bed.
Cute picture! Glad you got Austin potty trained...he's a big boy now:)
Sarah, I know a lot of other kids Austin's age who don't do naps either, so don't feel bad! We've been having trouble getting Austin to bed at night now too, so we are contemplating giving up naps. I just am not ready for that though!
Post a Comment