Sunday, August 24, 2008

World's Worst Blogger...

I am sure I am probably not the worst blogger, I am sure there are bloggers out there who don't post except on rare occasion (actually I can think of a few right now :)), but I feel so out of the blogging loop these days. It is bad enough that my husband is telling me I need to update my blog. And let me tell you...he is NOT a fan of blogging. :)
I still am reading blogs. I love to keep up with all of you and see what is going on in your lives. I even read quite a few blogs of people I don't even know, for inspiration, encouragement, etc. Ah but once I sit down to write, I can always think of something else more important to do. My "to-do list, before baby #2" is growing rapidly every day. Of first concern is getting my 21 month old to sleep through the night again. Yep, I said it. I am having to re-train him to sleep through the night. How sad is that? Really once upon a time he did sleep through the night, although it seems like a distant memory. It all started when we came home from our trip to Oklahoma/Kansas. He would wake up, scream, wake up, scream, off and on all night long. So, no one was getting much sleep. I thought he was teething...but a month later no more teeth, still waking up. So, since we have had guests much of the month I decided to rock him to sleep each and every time he woke up. And then, you guessed it, he became very dependent on me, so much so, when Nate would try to rock him, he would scream like it was a stranger. So, this week, since everyone is gone he is screaming it out and learning to fall back asleep on him own. And it will work, I know...my son just has a teeny tiny stubborn streak in him. ;)
On to better news...when my parents were up we went to Denali State Park and stayed at the Princess Lodge there. We had a wonderful time...I will try to share pictures soon. I had some pictures ready on my laptop and now I can't get my laptop to turn back on. (Dad please come back and fix it. :)) So, hopefully when Nate gets back I will have some time to share some pictures.
Gotta go, Austi just woke up!

10 comments:

Caleb and Anna said...

Oh Ruth! I am so sorry about Austin not sleeping... I will pray for you that he will learn to sleep again soon. How the night goes seems to affect my whole day so I sympathize. -A

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hoping that Austie will sleep tonight. Love, Mom

Kari said...

Thanks for the update Ruth. I'm sorry to hear about Austin and his recent sleeping habits, sounds rough. Edward still can't sit through a 30 min. drive without getting uncomfortable and upset. We are wondering if it will ever get better. Mom keeps telling me that it won't last forever... by the time he is 5 he should be better, ahhhhh. Anyways, they all have their little issue.
Have you seen your Dr. yet? How far along are you? Twins? Take care of yourself.

Unknown said...

It was so fun to read you post because we just went through the same thing with Zachary! Only he had a cold and got used to mommy rocking him to sleep. So after the cold, he decided he didn't much like his bed and would dive out of it, screaming and would run for the door! He is 19 months and we, too thought it was teething because for weeks he would wake up in the middle of the night, screaming like he was hurt (although he probably was due to the bruises sustained from hurling himself out of the crib). Anyway, it has gotten better each night since we let him cry it out and disciplined him for getting out of his crib. And last night he slept for 11 hours and we didn't hear a peep! We're hoping that continues! I'm sure you're exhausted! Keep doing what you're doing!

jenica said...

Don't feel bad about not updating your blog...it is good to hear from you though!
Take care.

Rachel said...

Oh, that sounds miserable...I have been there, and occasionally still am there. :) These kiddos....

But it does get better, and I am seeing that first hand with Ethan. They grow up so fast, and before you know it, Austin will be sleeping through the night, and maybe even sleeping in!

Glad you had a good time with Mom and Dad. How have you been feeling?

Eryn said...

what! it can go on that long! autumn isnt sleeping through the night either, and she just turned a year. i thought it was teething too, but so far, nothing. i know i will have to let her cry it out soon. but for now, it is just easier to go stick the bottle back in her mouth :)

~ Rory ~ said...

Hi Ruth! I remember during those argggg moments what a wise mother once said to me, "this to shall pass." Sometimes I had to repeat it to myself 20 times to get it through my head. Sounds like you are doing a great job though as I'm sure little #2 is causing you to be extra tired on top of it all. Keep looking up! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Austin's sleep patterns. You are in our prayers. Give the little guy a hug for me and a rub on the tummy for #2. Love, Grandma Pat

Anonymous said...

Hey come on...you've got to claim pregnancy for the not blogging. I've been doing it for months. Trust me you are doing well with keeping up your blog. Glad to hear he is doing better.